Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Brief Summary about Writing for New Media...

Well, let me start out by saying that this was the most challenging class I've taken at Towson. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I think this class has really helped prepare me for life in the real world. At times, I was a bit overwhelmed, but I was determined to pass this class and graduate in May!

I feel this class incorporated everything I've learned thus far and expanded on it. I had to be a reporter, a photographer, an editor, and a publisher, all at the same time.

In terms of a future career in journalism, it seems obvious that online journalism is where it's at, and I feel this class has not only confirmed this, but has prepared me for it as well.

I think the hardest part of the class was finding an initial idea to research, and I think the rest of the class would agree with me. I think future classes would benefit from simply being assigned a topic to research. In fact, Professor Lieb was the one who pointed me in the direction of Single Volunteers, and that really worked out for me.

Overall, I enjoyed this class; I just wish I had listened to my advisors and not taken MCOM 407 along with twelve other credits!

1 comment:

TL said...

Glad you feel the class helped you get ready for your next step after graduation!