Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Research Update!

Well, the stress of this class has almost melted away after tonight. I met with the Vice President of the Baltimore County chapter of Parents without Partners. New applicants meet at the White Marsh library on the second Wednesday of each month. The website says the time is at 7:30, but the site hasn't been updated since December. Emails I sent to the organization were sent back from the postmaster as unsent because the address no longer exists. A phone call went unanswered. I was scared.

When I arrived, there was only one woman sitting in the meeting room. I didn't even know if she was from PWP...she was. After explaining my situation to her, we sat for over an hour talking about the organization. I have over four pages of notes, and will be able to attend one of their dances and take some pictures, as well as possibly interview married couples who met through the organization.

Needless to say, I'm ecstatic about this new story and feel confident about the rest of the semester. Thank God for Parents without Partners!

No comments: