Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Final Research Post? Maybe...

On Sunday, my girlfriend and I celebrated our three-year anniversary. We went to the Orioles game, and then afterward, went dancing! We actually didn't dance; she came with me to the Parents without Partners dance Sunday evening.

I brought along my camera and digital audio recorder, hoping for the best. Debbie Mandley greeted us as we walked in the door, and introduced us to a few couples that had met through the organization.

I sat and talked with three couples, and almost wished I could use these stories for my fourth module. I'm still happy with my module, but there were some goldmines here, and it would have been nice to have had the chance to speak with these individuals earlier.

Still, I found an incredible love story, and the couple agreed to leave the dance and speak to me in the hallway, as I recorded them. I'm quite happy with the audio, and created my slideshow based on their story.

All three couples I spoke with allowed me to photograph them, and I'll use two or three of the pictures in my fourth module. The remaining pictures have been incorporated into my slideshow.

I'm still a bit stressed-out, but I have finally finished my research. I think I have a pretty solid story, as well as some good pictures and audio. I'll speak with Professor Lieb tomorrow for advice...

No comments: